We all want to see our children soar to great height, to be the best they can be. Often this means providing them with a college education. Unfortunately, college educations are not as cheap as they once were and are getting more expensive every year.
How is a parent supposed to help their child pay for school and save toward retirement at the same time? This is just one of the questions that arise when discussing education funding.
Here are some of the questions we can help you answer.
- What schools provide financial aid and how much (this does not include merit scholarships)?
- How can I lower my Expected Family Contribution, the amount I must pay regardless of the school my child attends, so that I can qualify for financial aid?
- What types of loans are available to me?
- How can we pay for college without having my child go into debt before graduating?
- How can we pay for college without harming our retirement plans?
Wouldn’t it be nice to know the answer to some or all of these questions before your children enter college? Siebert Investment Servicescan help with the answers